https://www.reddit.com/r/climatechange/comments/1wirhde/silly_question_time_for_a_purely_selfish_reason/
Murderbad wrote: I am so deeply overwhelmed with my own problems that the incoming anxieties around the climate, future conflicts and AI etc. are just burning a hole in my ability to think straight, and so my critical thinking and ability to extrapolate from complicated articles is in the trash. I'm fully burnt out. I'm an ambulatory, scared rock.
I've noticed many on this sub over others are fairly even-keeled and do not often doom OR glaze situations. So I am willing to look like an embarrassing fool and ask some folks for help who can give it to me straught, so I can try and get ontop of my mental health a little.
What's it looking like as of now? Are we thinking apocalyptic nightmares in the next 5-10 years with the whole "planet gets hotter which makes heating quicker" thing? Do we have any real time left to lead normal (within reason) lives before the climate wars start (half joking). I live in the UK and was spared much of the violent 45° European heat this summer, but I know it will probably be coming sooner than later.
So much information is contradictory that it's hard for me to follow at this point in my life. Some say X will explode and show evidence, others say X will just give off some steam, and show evidence lol. I'm lost.
Thanks to anyone who can help me cool my brain off, or at least remove the fog a little
ANSWER: My personal opinion: We are losing faster than ever before. The forces working against us are heavily funded, while the counter-movements are largely mocked and dismissed. We’re fighting with wind turbines and solar power against right-wing conservative fascists who long for the past and blame everything green for the world’s problems. It’s not all lost, but if we don’t quickly build a collective awareness around the climate justice movement and unite closely to address these challenges, our world will become increasingly chaotic.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen